KCCU-FM began broadcasting in 1989 as a non-profit station licensed under Cameron University,
providing the Lawton/Ft. Sill/Duncan area with classical music. As the station's support and reputation grew, programming grew to include jazz, variety shows, and of course National Public Radio news. The KCCU network has full-power stations in Altus, Ardmore and Wichita Falls, Texas.
In addition to national broadcasts, KCCU produces a unique local program called Mary McClure's Slice of Life.
As an operating unit of Cameron University, KCCU provides broadcast students with internship and scholarship opportunities. Our latest educational project is 'CU News,' a student produced newscast highlighting Cameron
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting provides KCCU with an annual grant and requires KCCU to disclose the following information.
1. Station Staff. KCCU's executive staff is comprised of: Interim General Manager/Station Manager & Operation Director, Cynthia Sosa, She can be contacted toll free at 888-454-7800. A list of station staff and contact information can be found at this link.
2. Board of Directors. KCCU is owned by Cameron University and governed by the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma. Information about the Board of Regents can be found here.
3. Community Advisory Board. By law, KCCU is not required to have a community advisory board.
4. Open Meetings. All meetings of the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma are open to the public. Information on the date, time and location of the meetings, as well as minutes of past meetings are available https://www.ou.edu/regents/meetings; https://shareok.org/handle/11244/325266.
5. Most Recent Audited Financial Statements. KCCU's most recent audited financial statements are located here: KCCU's CPB Financial Report 2022.
6. Annual Financial Reports. These reports are made annually to the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting. A copy of the most recent report is here:
Cameron University Radio – KCCU-FM FY22 AFR.pdf.
7. Employee and Contractor Compensation. KCCU does not file a separate IRS 990. KCCU does not have any highly compensated employees exceeding the
threshold required to file a form 990. Instead, here is the information required in Part VIIA and Part VIIB: KCCU’s Replication of IRS 990.
9. Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment. KCCU supports equal
employment opportunities and works against discrimination in employment. KCCU operates within the principles outlined in Cameron University’s Office of Equal Opportunity.
KCCU's diversity statement and related initiatives are located here.
10. Equal Opportunity Report. Each year, KCCU files an equal opportunity report with the Federal Communications Commission. EEO Report.
11. Donor Privacy. KCCU does not sell, trade, or give its mailing and phone lists to any organization that is not directly associated with the
station and its activities. KCCU does not allow its lists or databases to be used in any fashion that is not directly related to its activities and controlled by its procedures. Although KCCU may receive a number of requests for list-related information during the course of its business activities, KCCU has never participated in any arrangement that might compromise the security of its database information, nor does it intend to do so in the future.
Most recent Quarterly Issues-Programs report is located