EEO Public File Report
Covering the Period from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021
Station: KCCU, Lawton, Oklahoma
Licensee: Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section
73.2080(c) (6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf KCCU / Cameron University and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of this station and posted on the station website.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning February 1, 2020 to and including January 31, 2021 (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rules requires that this Report contain the following
1. A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station
Employment Unit during the Applicable Period.
2. For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy
(Including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section
73.2080(c) (1) (ii) of the EEO Rule, which should be separately identified),
identified by name, address, contact person, and telephone number.
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during
the Applicable Period.
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviews for full-time vacancies
during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by
each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies.
5. A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Sections
73.2080(c) (2) of the FCC rules.
Appendices 1, 2, and 3 which follow have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide
the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the
column entitled “Full-time Positions for Which This Source Was Utilized” refer to the
number of the full-time jobs listed on Appendix 1.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was
extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed.”
Job Title Recruitment Source of Hiree Total Number of Interviews
from All Sources for
KCCU-FM had no open positions.
KCCU / Cameron University contacts the following organizations whenever it seeks to hire new, full-time employees. In addition, it notifies all current employees of any new, full-time job opening that they may want to apply for. Organizations can request to be added to this list by contacting “General Manager, KCCU-FM at 888-454-7800, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. KCCU / Cameron University encourages women and minorities to apply for positions.
Corporation for Public Broadcasting - www.cpb.org/jobline/
401 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004-2129
Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters - www.oabok.org/JobBank/
6520 N Western, Ste.104
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Texas Association of Broadcasters - www.tab.org/job-bank
502 East 11th Street, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78701
HigherEd Jobs - http://www.higheredjobs.com/
715 Lake Street, Suite 400
Oak Park, IL 60301
Indeed-dot-com - https://www.indeed.com/
6433 Champion Grandview Way
Austin, TX 78750
Cameron University Website - https://cameron-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?company_id=16345&version=1
2800 W Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505
KCCU Website - www.kccu.org/
2800 W Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505
Appendix 2: (con’t.)
Lawton Constitution - http://www.swoknews.com/classifieds
102 SW 3rd Street
Lawton, OK 73501
Duncan Banner - http://marketplace.duncanbanner.com/
PO Box 1268
Duncan, OK 73534
Wichita Falls Times Record News - http://www.timesrecordnews.com/jobs/
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
The Ardmoreite - http://classifieds.ardmoreite.com/
117 W Broadway
Ardmore, OK 73401
The Altus Times - http://www.altustimes.com/pages/classifieds
218 W Commerce
Altus, OK 73521
Appendix 3: Supplemental (Non-Vacancy Specific) Recruitment Activities Undertaken by KCCU
Description of Activities:
KCCU personnel set-up a booth and had an active presence at the Red River Career Expo at Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma on February 20, 2020. Various staff members were present at the booth throughout the day to answer questions from interested parties and students and offer advice on careers in the broadcast industry.
The Career Expo was organized by Cameron University. KCCU is a department of Cameron University.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, KCCU personnel were only allowed to attend the one job fair. The other opportunities were all cancelled. KCCU had no job openings for the reporting period.
Internship / Broadcasting Lab:
As a department of Cameron University, KCCU facilitates the education of Cameron University students by supplying positions for students involved in Cameron University’s Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications.
The mission of the Communications program is to support Cameron University’s mission of offering educational opportunities for a diverse student body. The program strives to develop students’ intellectual capacities, prepares students for entry into graduate school and communication-related professions, and plays a role in general education.
Each semester, KCCU hosts several students involved in CU’s Communications curriculum, including students enrolled in the following courses:
- RTV3911 Radio Lab - Preparation for and participation in all phases of radio and television; may be repeated. Prerequisite: Department permission.
- RTV4923 Practicum - Supervised work experience in a professional setting which relates to the student's career objectives. The internship will allow practical experience in radio/television. May be repeated for a maximum of six hours. Prerequisites: Upper division standing and department permission.
Appendix 3: Supplemental (Non-Vacancy Specific) Recruitment Activities Undertaken by KCCU (cont.)
Students are involved in writing and producing PSAs, news writing and production, and other duties as assigned by staff. KCCU staff assigns the students their letter-grade for the course(s).
- Internship - KCCU mentors one Cameron University communications student in the spring semester. The intern is selected by the communications department faculty. The intern is taught interviewing techniques and news production with natural sound in a one-on-one basis with the director of broadcasting. The student then produces a Cameron University centric news program entitled ‘CU News’ for broadcast on KCCU. The intern is also mentored by the director with respect to positions and job expectations in the media industry as a whole. Since the student news production studio is adjacent to the director’s office, the intern has full access to the director. The intern is required to be present 10 - 12 hours per week.
Cameron University EEO Statement:
The University, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, political beliefs, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, and education services.